Welsh girl trying to find her way in the world. All round Blogger with a passion for Fictional Characters.

Powered by Blogger.

The Duke's Temptation by Raven McAllan

Wales, UK
Hello Hello. 

Today we have a review for the wonderful book that is The Duke’s Temptation by Raven McAllan. I have read and reviewed this book as part of Jenny’s book tours. Read on for my review of the book.

The Duke's Temptation by Raven McAllan

BLURB

Tortured duke Gibb Alford has vowed never to love again... until a beautiful French knife thrower brings him to his knees.   When Gibb Alford, Duke of Menteith, saves a beautiful French knife thrower from the unwanted attentions of a fellow aristocrat he is ill-prepared for the immediate tug of attraction to the beautiful Evangeline. 

Widowed, he has sworn off love forever, so he can well do without this temptation. Evangeline certainly doesn’t want the complication of being in the sights of one smoky-eyed Scottish Duke. She’s a lady on a mission, with no time for love or dalliance. However, fate and life have other plans and gradually Gibb and Evangeline become a couple. 

As each struggle with the demons of their pasts, Evangeline finds life in the ton difficult. The spurned aristocrat Gibb saved her from, is not prepared to give in and retire gracefully. And while Gibb fights the man, he also declares war on his own emotions. 

When Evangeline’s past is revealed to her, everything changes. She has a decision to make. 

Fight for Gibb—or flee to a safe but unfulfilled future. 

As for her Duke… All is fair in love and war—right?

Publisher: Totally Bound
Pub dates:
     Pre order 10 October 
     Early download 24 October 
     General release 21 November

The Duke's Temptation by Raven McAllan
REVIEW

As always, lets start with the beautiful cover, isn't it just gorgeous. How could you not pick this up off the shelf. I love anything that looks like it from hundreds of years ago, but in all honesty I haven't read as many period books as I'd like, so I don't really have anything to compare this book too, which is actually, a good thing.

I do love when a female main character has something about her, someone who doesn't play the damsel in distress, knows how to fight for what she wants and Raven does not disappoint with this aspect of the book, Evangeline is feisty, head strong and independent for the most part. Her persona does however, waver slightly when she meets Gibb, I do love a good romance but not when they have to change, having said that I did love their connection and how they grew together.

I found the storyline to have enough excitement to keep me wanting to turn page after page into the late hours of the night, when a book can't keep my focus I find them a very difficult read. Raven has done amazingly well with this book, it keeps you wanting more. I want to know what will happen to Evangeline and Gibb next.

The Duke's Temptation by Raven McAllan

AUTHOR

Well what can I say? I'm growing old disgracefully and loving it. Dh and I live on the edge of a Scottish forest, and rattle around in a house much too big for us. Our kids have grown up and flown the nest, but roll back up when they want to take a deep breath and smell the daisies so to speak. 

I write in my study, which overlooks the garden and the lane. I'm often seen procrastinating, by checking out the wild life, looking—only looking—at the ironing basket and assuring tourists that indeed, I'm not the bed and breakfast. That would mean cooking fried eggs without breaking the yolks, and disturbing the dust bunnies as they procreate under the beds. Not to be thought of. Being able to do what I love, and knowing people get pleasure from my writing is fantastic. Long may it last. 


GIVEAWAY 

This giveaway is for 2 prizes.
A paperback copy of one of Raven's previous Regency books.
“The Earl and the Courtesan” which is UK only and a Ecopy which is open Internationally.


HAYLEY

1 comment

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing The Duke's Temptation. I had so much fun researching and writing it, and I do love a feisty heroine. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my blog. All comments are welcomed and appreciated.