Welsh girl trying to find her way in the world. All round Blogger with a passion for Fictional Characters.

Powered by Blogger.

The Season Of Hopes & Dreams by Lynsey James Review

Wales, UK
Hola, so as any of you who visit my blog will see I love books, and I can’t help but keep signing up to being a part of Jenny’s book tours. She hosts the best tours and has some amazing books to promote. So here we are again with another awesome book review for you, today we have The Season Of Hopes and Dreams by the talented author that is Lynsey James.

The Season Of Hopes & Dreams by Lynsey James

BLURB
It’s been a difficult year for Cleo Jones. The car accident that crushed her leg didn’t just destroy the village baker’s dreams of becoming a dancer, but crushed her confidence too. And recovering from that has been harder than healing from any number of broken bones…

But this summer is going to be different. Life is turning around for Cleo! Maybe it’s the invitation from her childhood bully to their high-school reunion that’s shocked her out of a ten-year slump. Or joining Carb Counters and finally starting to shed the weight she’d piled on during her recovery – or maybe it’s catching the eye of her gorgeous personal trainer!
 Whatever the answer, this is going to be a summer she never forgets… watch out world, Cleo Jones is finally fighting back! 

The Season Of Hopes & Dreams by Lynsey James

REVIEW
I’m totally in love with the cover of this book, it’s so bright and summery and had this been on a shelf I completely would have picked myself up a copy. I love baby blue with Orange/Yellow colours I think they just look so inviting. Plus I do love when a book cover doesn’t actually have a picture because I’m more intrigued to read the blurb.

Lynsey has written Cleo beautifully, I always love when I can relate and feel for a character,  despite Cleo’s accident dashing all of her future dreams and plans I really like how so is determined to pick herself back up and dust herself off, and getting her life back on track. 

I do really relate to Cleo with her bucket list, I have one and I’m trying to tick things off and push my boundaries as much as I can. It was uplifting to see that Cleo was actually lacking confidence to begin with but was set on bettering herself, I don’t have much confidence in myself and whether it be a story or someone you know it’s nice to see things can look up.

We all love a good villain in any story, and Amanda doesn’t disappoint, it’s nice to have a character that you feel like you know, because they are based on real situations that you may have actually encountered yourself. I’m sure everyone knew of a school bully, I know I did.

I love the way Lynsey tells Cleo’s story and I completely got lost in her world. She has such a talent for keeping you interested and writing so beautifully that you just can’t help but keep turning the page. Praise for Lynsey and this lovely, enjoyable book.

AUTHOR
Lynsey James was born in Fife in 1991 and has been telling people how to spell her name ever since. She's an incurable bookworm who loves nothing more than getting lost in a good story with memorable characters. She started writing when she was really young and credits her lovely Grandad- and possibly a bump on the head from a Mr Frosty machine- with her love of telling stories. She used to write her own episodes of Friends and act them out in front of her family (in fact she's sure she put Ross and Rachel together first!)

A careers adviser at school once told Lynsey writing wasn’t a “good option” and for a few years, she believed her. She tried a little bit of everything, including make-up artistry, teaching and doing admin for a chocolate fountain company. The free chocolate was brilliant. When Lynsey left my job a couple of years ago, she started writing full-time while she looked for another one. As soon as she started working on her story, Lynsey fell in love and decided to finally pursue her dream. She haven’t looked back since.

When Lynsey's not writing, eating cake or drinking tea, she's daydreaming about the day Dylan O’Brien FINALLY realises they're meant to be together. It’ll happen one day…


GIVEAWAY
This giveaway is for a copy of the e-book, there will be 3 winners and the giveaway is International.


If you want to keep holding onto your summer just a little longer, I recommend you grab yourself a copy of this book and get stuck back into summer. 

I have to mention (I mean, I can’t not) that I love that fact Lynsey has that she enjoys daydreaming about Dylan O’Brien in her bio. I think she’s my new favourite person for this.


HAYLEY

No comments

Thank you so much for checking out my blog. All comments are welcomed and appreciated.